Friday, February 8, 2008

Cooper turns 5!

Despite my denial, I am now the mother of a five year old. For some reason five just sounds older and bigger and more grown up than four. When someone has a four year old, you think...toddler, can't tie his shoes, can't wipe his bottom, still at home with you all day. Now, I have a five year old. He's no longer a toddler, he still can't tie his shoes, but thank God he can wipe his own bottom. And the saddest part of all is that he'll only be home with me for 6 more months. The idea both excites me and terrifies me. I'm excited to have a little more time and sanity only having to deal with two kids all day, but I'm terrified to think how much I'll miss him, how I'll have no control over what he see, hears, learns, says, touches, eats and God only knows what else! Will he be a good friend? Will other kids like him, will they tease him? Will he obey, behave, learn? My eyes are filling up with tears as I type, but I also know that he is smart, funny, well-rounded, self confident and a natural leader. I stand on what I know is true, and that is that even if I can't be with him, Jesus can be and will be with him every step of the way. Good grief, he's not even in school yet, chill out! I'm sure there will be a much more tearful post come August! So be prepared!

These are some pictures from his birthday celebrations. Every year since his first birthday, we go to Chuck E Cheese on his actual birthday and then he has a separate party with all his friends. We had his party at the YMCA swimming pool for the third year in a row. The kids think it's cool to swim during the winter and it's cheap and easy for me! Win Win! Here are a few pictures of the festivities.





post signature





Bookmark and Share

No comments: