Monday, December 29, 2008

My Lego man...

I gave my aunt and uncle the suggestion of getting Cooper some Lego's for Christmas in hopes that this would be something he would be good at, and would be challenging for him. I asked them to get the 'kit' type one's that have step by step instructions on how to build it. I wasn't sure if he was old enough for them, but when we had some quiet time while his brothers were asleep...I got it out for us to work on together. I had to try not to tell him what to do, and just let him look at the instructions and do it on his own. He did GREAT! There were several times that I had to correct one of the steps he had missed, but on the majority, he followed the instructions just right, and when I had to step away for a few minutes, I came back and he was done!

I always sort of knew that Lego's would inevitably be part of my future, but it use to seem so far into the future. Seems like a weird milestone, I know, but this is just another step for Cooper being a bigger boy. I know I shouldn't be so surprised at how well he did. He tends to catch onto things pretty quickly, and this was no exception.

I guess this means that I'll be stepping on these little suckers for many years to come...Yippe!



The goal...
One piece at a time...

Working very meticulously...


So far...so good!




The finished product! So proud of himself!





post signature







No comments: